Halloween has always been such a ‘crafty’ holiday for us.
There’s costumes to be made, decorations to create and pumpkins to carve! My hubby is also a Halloween baby so we throw in some birthday celebrations along with some yummy treats for both!
This year with a new baby in tow, I knew I wanted to make a spooky treat, but it had to be easy and practically one-handed since baby is almost always in the other.
So, I enlisted the help of my soon-to-be 6-year-old and we searched through the pantry for some yummy toppings and here’s what we picked:
- White chocolate chips (his favorite)
- Dark chocolate chips
- Pretzel sticks
- Yogurt covered raisins
- Candy corn M&Ms
- Candy eyeballs
We started by melting the chocolate chips in the microwave, separately, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
Then we spooned it onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
Immediately after, we topped with all our fun treats and then refrigerated for 1 hour.
Once the timer went off, we pulled out our bark and broken them into pieces using the tip of a butter knife. Viola! Halloween bark for everyone!
Toss all pieces into a baggie and keep in the refrigerator for a fun cool treat anytime.
Happy Halloween and have fun trick-or-treating tonight! xo
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- handful of toppings such as pretzel sticks, m&ms, candy eyeballs and yogurt-covered raisins
- Melt each chocolate in microwave at 30 second increments until smooth.
- Spoon onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Top with your favorite Halloween treats
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Break with hands or the tip of a butter knife and enjoy!