Disclosure: I received complimentary maca powder from Gaia Herbs to test and review. As always, all opinions are my own. Full PR & Disclosure here.
I’m so excited to share one of my favorite smoothies with you all today called the Blueberry Blitz!
It’s delicious, packed full of antioxidants and it contains an amazing superfood called maca powder.
What’s maca powder? I’m so glad you asked! 😉
So, maca is one of my go-to superfoods and here’s why:
- It’s packed full of B vitamins, which gives you energy without the caffeine (a natural performance enhancer).
- It supports a healthy libido in both men and women (aka an aphrodisiac),
- And it helps regulate hormones that control mood, anxiety, and tissue development. (Note: Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing)
The source of where maca comes from is really important because you want it to be pure and free of adulterants. That’s one of the reasons I choose to get my maca from Gaia Herbs.
Gaia Herbs carries 100% Peruvian maca (from the high Andes) that is certified organic and is fully traceable from seed to shelf. It’s also Vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO…an automatic win in my book! To learn more about Gaia Herbs vision click here.
It’s so easy to get this superfood in your diet, simply mix 1 teaspoon daily in a post-workout smoothie, juice or sprinkle some in your morning cup of joe. Here’s my favorite way to enjoy maca – let me know yours in the comments below.
Blueberry Blitz Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- handful of ice, if blueberries are not frozen
Directions: Blitz all ingredients together in blender and enjoy your ridiculously tasty and healthy smoothie!