Full Disclosure: I received Salba Chia Seed samples to use for my review. No compensation was provided and as always, I will give my honest opinion about the product.
From Doctor Oz to Women’s Health Magazine to Food & Wine Magazine, chia seeds have been the most talked about superfood of the new year. So what are they exactly and why are they so super?
Well to start, Chia means “strength” in the Mayan language and Aztec warriors used to consume a diet full of chia seeds as it gave them energy boosts and increased endurance. These little powerhouse seeds are considered “super” because they deliver the maximum amount of nutrients with minimal calories. Chia seeds are packed with fiber, calcium, omega fatty acids, magnesium, and antioxidants and can be consumed in a variety of ways, both whole and ground. No wonder they were so popular!
Ever since I met my weight loss goals I have made chia seeds a staple in my diet. Every morning they are added to my juices, smoothies, and/or eggs and they help keep me going all day long. I was SUPER excited when Salba offered to send me a sample of their “Smarter Than Your Average Chia” seeds in both whole and premium ground as I am already a huge fan. But here’s what I didn’t know:
Salba Chia Facts:
- gluten-free, non-GMO, raw, vegetarian & vegan, and non-allergenic
- 35% more protein than generic chia
- 312% more potassium than generic chia
- 22 more calcium than generic chia
- 30% more antioxidants than blueberries
- 3 times more iron than spinach
- 15 times more magnesium than broccoli
- 3 times more fiber than oats
- 6 times more calcium than milk
- 8 times more omega-3’s than Atlantic Salmon
- Salba chia is a blend of the only 2 registered varieties (Sahi Alba 911 & 912) of chia among 80+ generic strains
- Salba chia is white and visually blends easily into almost any food, making it easier to “eat with your eyes” as well as your taste buds
To see all the different ways you can consume this amazing seed head on over to salbasmart.com and check out their recipes or try your hand at my Ultimate Juice or Supercharged Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding!
Salba Chia wants YOU to see first hand just how smart their seeds are by letting TWO lucky winners win 1 package of organic whole chia seeds AND 1 package or organic premium ground chia seeds ~ approximate value is $50.00! Get fit and healthy today with Salba Chia and ENTER TODAY! Good luck everyone!