What better way to kick-off going gluten-free than to make some comfort food! Here’s my first ever gluten-free pizza recipe. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza
- Gluten Free Pizza Crust (I used 1 package of Bob’s Red Mill). Follow package directions if using another brand.
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Yeast Packet (Bob’s Red Mill includes this)
- 10-12 oz of your favorite pizza sauce (I used DelGrosso All Natural Old Style Pizza Sauce because it was low in sugar)
- Buffalo mozzarella cheese
- All natural, nitrate/nitrite free uncured pepperoni
In a mixing bowl, combine warm water and yeast and let it stand for 2-3 minutes. Add eggs and oil to yeast mixture and blend on low. Add pizza crust mix and blend on medium for 1-2 minutes. Cover dough in bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for 20 minutes. While dough is rising, preheat oven to 425° F.
Grease large cookie sheet with gluten-free non-stick cooking spray. Wet hands and spread dough out across entire cookie sheet. Bake without toppings for 8 minutes.
Remove pizza crust from oven and top with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. (For a healthier version - try spinach & goat cheese or broccoli, mushrooms, & diced chicken).
Bake for 16 minutes or until cheese is browned.
*For a garlic crust - once crust has baked naked for 8 minutes, remove from oven. Brush a light coat of olive oil on crust edges and sprinkle garlic powder on top. Continue with additional toppings and return to oven for 16 minutes.