Fitness Tips & Tricks

Fitness Tips & Tricks to get you into the body you want!

  1. Chart your progress - Whether it’s by video or a hand-written in a notebook - record your workouts.  Each month, grade yourself so you can see just how much you’ve improved and what things you need to work on.
  2. Workout at work - While others are outside on their ‘smoke break’, take your own break by pumping out 3 sets of push-ups, crunches, or squats.  Or, switch out your desk chair with a stability ball to engage your core all day long!
  3. Live by the 80-20 Rule - 80% of the year you’ll workout regularly and eat properly.  The other 20% of the year is for holidays, special occasions, and family or work commitments.  Knowing that being fit & healthy isn’t an all-or-nothing gimmick, makes it a lot easier to stick with.
  4. Get Inspired - Read blogs, articles, and magazines that show how other’s have been successful.
  5. Intensify your Workout Moves - For example - maximize your crunches by contracting abs on the way up AND down & intensify your push-ups by doing squat-thrust push-ups (instructional video HERE).
  6. Don’t Skimp on Carbs - Reach for fruit or high-fiber gluten-free crackers before your workout.  Your body needs them to fuel your workout.  Add in some protein for any workout over 90 minutes.
  7. Dress the Part - Wear something red.  Wearing red increases blood circulation and body temperature and can up the ante on your workout.  Don’t have anything red?  Go shopping!  You know how you feel when you get a new pair of jeans?  Well that good mood can be carried over to your fitness apparel. Wearing the same thing day-in and day-out to workout can get drab - so pick out something new, once a month, to keep your fitness mood elevated.





Christina Russell

I'm just a girl who overcame obstacles to shine brighter than ever before! Join me on my journey towards optimal health!

  • Sara

    I think any workout that you do, charting your workout tells you how far you have reached your goal and how more you need to increase your practice. This post is really helpful for all the fitness conscious people. Great!! Thanks for sharing it online.

    • Christina Russell

      Thanks so much!