If you ever run into me, you’ll probably see me carrying around a water bottle full of mint leaves. Today, I had someone stop me and ask me what was in my water. When I told her it was mint she was intrigued and wanted to know more so I promised her I’d make today’s post all about the awesome herb mint. Here you go!
Benefits of Mint Leaves
- Acts as an appetite suppressant.
- Soothes the digestive tract.
- Whitens teeth.
- Increases alertness and memory retention.
- Soothes & cleans the skin from insect bites and acne.
- Eliminates toxins from the body.
- Help fight depression & fatigue via mint oil or vapor.
- By rubbing mint oil on the forehead you can alleviate the inflammation & temperature rise that is often associated with headaches & migraines.
#1 is the main reason I always have mint on hand. You don’t have to add it to water - you can also chew mint-flavored gum, wash & chew a mint leaf, have an after-dinner mint (one won’t hurt your waistline) or brush your teeth after each meal. All these methods help to reduce cravings and who couldn’t use a little help in that area?!