noun - the act of affirming or the state of being affirmed
Simply put, affirmations are you being in conscious control of your thoughts. Saying powerful statements to yourself, repeatedly, will actually create your reality and become your conscious thoughts. This was a really difficult concept for me to understand. When I lost my baby, I started seeing a counselor. Within the first 30 minutes of talking with me, she brought to my attention all the things I said out loud that were negative - which ended up being pretty much everything except “Hello”. After she pointed them out, I realized that almost all my thoughts that I DIDN’T say during the session were ALSO negative. No WONDER I was in therapy - I was a mess!
Over the next 6 months I had to really practice changing the voice in my head. It wasn’t easy and it didn’t make sense at first. I thought I was just lying to myself. But as the days and weeks went by, I started to believe what I was saying and my life started to change in so many ways. I was becoming happier, enjoying the little things, and believing in myself again - and that’s how I wanted to feel everyday, so… I made it a habit!
Today, I challenge you to create your own calendar of positive affirmations. Write an affirmation down for each day of the month and repeat them, often. Say them to yourselves, say them out loud, share them here with me…just make sure to say them…and then get ready for your life to change forever!
My Top 10 Affirmations:
- I am happy.
- I choose to see the light I am to this world.
- I cannot give up until I have tried every conceivable way.
- I am more than good enough and I get better every day.
- Everything is going to work out for my highest good.
- I feel healthy and energetic.
- I love and approve of myself.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
- I trust myself
- I am a success in all that I do.
If you liked this post, you might like these too:
- When Life Gets In The Way
- What’s on Your List? (How to write your own personal goals)
- Creating Positive Habits